Vinyl: Before You Buy
- Surprisingly, you won’t find many vinyl showrooms. It tends to be an online product, which can be a deceptive way to buy and compare different qualities and finishes. If you would like to get hands-on with vinyl in the real world, check out our colourful vinyl room at Medway Flooring Centre.
- Vinyl flooring comes in virtually every kind of design possible, from wood and tile effect through to metallic, mosaic and abstract patterns and is laid in sheets, providing a water and stain resistant finish.
- Vinyl flooring is slip resistant, making it not only ideal for wet rooms, but also for conservatories and children’s play rooms.
- In order to achieve the right pattern effect, customers sometimes need to buy more vinyl flooring than they require. This is because vinyl is laid in sheets.
- Top tip – Laying a plywood base to the sub-floor, before you lay your vinyl, can improve the cushioned feel under foot and, if installed to a professional level, will give a perfectly flat finish.
- Vinyl floors expand as they acclimatise to the room temperature. As a result, don’t seal it straight away. This avoids bubbles forming under your floor.