Which Carpet Style Is Right For You?
There are a huge variety of different carpet types to choose from. Different compositions, weaves, patterns and styles can really impact on a room! Here’s an overview:
- Patterned: Providing a visual centrepiece to your interior, patterned carpet can accentuate your room design.
- Plain weave: Plainer carpet can create a feeling of warmth within a room, without overpowering the décor.
- Heathered: Heathered carpet has a mottled texture, which adds a softer feel to any room. Additionally, it has great ‘dirt hiding’ qualities, meaning it will look good even when you need to vacuum it.
- Textured: Also known as cut pile. This type of flooring has the woven loops cut, creating an interesting texture and finish. Textured carpet is less likely to show footprints and can create a two-tone effect.
- Striped: Striped carpet is becoming increasingly popular for stairs and landings, adding style to a sometimes forgotten area of the home.
- Wiltons: This is a particularly hard wearing carpet and is ideal for use in high traffic areas.
- Saxony: Saxony carpet is ideal if you are looking for a more luxurious feel and finish for your room.
- Velvet: The cut pile of velvet style carpets is constructed to create a dense feel and soft touch. It has been credited as being one of the most prestigious and luxurious types of carpet available.
- Stainfree and easy clean: These products have been treated to make them more stain resistant. These are ideal for homes with small children or pets, allowing you to wipe away any marks that are left.